Register Here for Black Belt and Dan Testing.
This registration is for tests taking place locally or regionally. If you are planning to test at IATC 2024, there will be a new link available soon.
Note: Most Dan rank testing should take place at IATC. Some Dan tests may be given at a regional event with prior approval from the Head of Style.
Please complete your registration at least one month before test date.Be certain you are logged in, and have all the following items ready to upload, before proceeding with your registration:
- A letter of recommendation from your instructor or a senior instructor in your region
- A completed Black Belt or Dan Rank information form
- A Test Form for your rank level, filled out with your personal information (available HERE on our Resource pages)
- A copy of your written essay (if required)
- A test fee (varies by rank), payable online to CNMAA
Your CNMAA membership must be up to date for you to register for testing. If you can't access the options on the registration form, make sure you are logged in with the email and password connected to your CNMAA account. If you still can't access the registration options, confirm whether your membership is up to date, and renew if necessary.
If you are testing at a regional test or other special event, you should also register for that event, and let the organizer know you have taken care of your test paperwork and fees here.