West Coast Training Camp is Back!
After three long years, we'll be meeting again at Ira Jinkins Rec Center in Oakland for a full day of training, catered lunch, and the ever popular Cookie Break.This year we'll also be hosting Black Belt and Dan Testing on Friday evening at Rohai Dojo in Berkeley.
Rohai Dojo invites you to help bring the spirit and excitement of IATC to West Coast members of the Cuong Nhu family - many of whom cannot travel to Raleigh for IATC on Memorial Day Weekend.
- Train with high-ranking instructors from across the U.S.:
- Master Mike Ponzio, 7th Dan, from South Carolina
- Master Kirk Farber, 7th Dan, from Florida
- Sensei Gordon Eilen, 5th Dan, from Georgia
- Sensei Tanner Critz, 5th Dan, from Arkansas
- Sensei Joseph Cordell, 3rd Dan, from Washington
- and others TBA!
- Deepen your understanding of the Cuong Nhu curriculum.
- Get a taste of some special martial arts topics you might not see in your regular classes - including weapons, throwing techniques, advanced katas, and more.
WCTC is designed with all ages and ranks in mind. We especially encourage west coast kids (6 & up) and teens to take part. For those who can't travel cross-country to attend Cuong Nhu's international training camp - we're bringing it to you!
Out-of-town visitors: We treasure your participation, and sincerely hope you'll be able to attend - even on "pandemic short notice." We've reserved a block of rooms at our favorite hotel. Details on booking our group rate will come with your registration confirmation.
Parents: If you're wondering whether your kids can last through a 9 to 5 day of training... they can. Our instructors are highly skilled and experienced at working with children. The schedule includes appropriate activities, break time, and skillful supervision. You can drop your kids off at the gym and leave with confidence - or you are welcome to stay and watch for all or part of the day!
The $99 fee includes a full day of training, catered lunch, and snack. Each training session offers options for different ranks and ages. All attendees are invited to dine with our out-of-town guests on both Friday and Saturday. Get to know each other and socialize!
Are you planning to take part in the Black Belt and Dan Testing on Friday? Be sure you register for testing at least one month in advance. Click here for black belt and dan test registration.
We look forward to seeing you in October!